Shame on me and my big fake fingernails!
One of the fun things that happened (and I documented) during the hoobity whatie part of the holidays was Santa's (and Trisha's) Magical X-mas party. Oh yes, it was DElightfully tacky. I'm suddenly feeling likewise myself just now posting about last year's fun here on this mid January day in 2 ot 10. BUT, still I want to share these olden times with family and friends who might have missed out, and of course future me who won't remember any of it very very soon.
I made a progressive photo log of the "Christmas cake with a smack of ham" that I contributed to the party. I thought it would be kind of fun to see it come about in pictures.
- FIRST, I lined the tree shaped cake pan with crustless flattened white bread. (I seem to have forgotten this photo so I'll leave a space and you can mentally squish and press the bread to your liking.)
- Next I smeared 4 cans of deviled ham(a little gelatinous for my taste) evenly on the bread and up the sides.
- Then I lovingly placed olive loaf slices atop the canned ham continuing on in the tree shape.
- Next I topped the compressed lunchmeat with a sizable bowl of homemade chicken salad. This part I would happily eat.
- Once I got that smeared around, I smashed another layer of white bread on top like so...
- With much anticipation, I then turned that sucker of a sammy right over onto a foil lined tray. It was nothing short of albino splendor. See if you agree.
- Once that was all done, I "iced" the colourless conifer with cream cheese and "trimmed" it with celery and festive radish ornaments(that hubby styled whimsically with a knife).
- And BOOM goes the dynamite! All it needed now was generic Ruffles and a Twilight plate!
Here it is joining T's corndog casserole, the classic Ants on a log and Dorothy's clear jello among other tastefully tacky treats.
So there you have it!
I hope you plan on making a holiday meat cake at your next gathering! It's just as easy as putting on pantyhose if you have the right shape to smash it into! I also have a Big Bird and Bugs Bunny shaped cake pans (funny what you find when you uproot your cabinets) just begging to ham it up for your guests!
Enjoy! You know we did! Thanks for all the fun Trishie!