Monday, September 21, 2009

Love Out Loud 2009


Calling all bloglookers(cheeky monkeys, YOU)!!! :D

This weekend (Sept. 25th and 26th) we will be in Fayetteville helping promote the Love Out Loud Art and Music show our Friend Freedom Rodriguez puts on to raise money for his missions work in Africa.

The descriptive from the Love out Loud 2009 facebook page sums it up like this:

"Love Out Loud is an annual fund-raiser promoting the use of creative gifts and talents in cross-cultural ministry.

This event is inspired by exploring the question of the purpose of creativity. We may not all be artistic, yet the truth is we are all creative in various ways — through our vocations, hobbies, our everyday lives are filled with creativity. This creativity is ingrained in our human nature. Yet where does it come from? The Bible says that we are created in "His [God's] image" and we are the "workmanship [craftmanship or poem] of God". What does this mean in our daily lives? Is creativity solely meant for self-expression? Or should we actively pursue to glorify God in our creativity? This and many more questions are being asked. What's your conclusion? Maybe your still seeking. Well, Love Out Loud is the place you can explore these questions and possibly find the answer. Join us and feel the love."
If you are in the area, we hope you stop in to this creative extravaganza. There will be many hand made and painted items for sale, wonderful music by our friends Tab and David from Fool For Now, and I will be there both nights giving my contribution by playing some keyboard and doing backup vocals for the ever talented Herva.

Now, seriously, are you gonna wanna miss out on that last bit? I'm in a band for Pete's sake!! (Can we just guffaw together for a moment? )

Ok, now, back to business.

Here's the video Jamey and Freedom put together for those of you who haven't seen it:

Host:
Vintage Fellowship
Type:
Network:
Global
Price:
FREE ADMISSION - Art and gift items for sale, and donations made to OM-ARTSLINK will be accepted.

Date:
Friday, September 25, 2009
Time:
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Location:
Vintage Fellowship
Street:
3416 N. College Ave
City/Town:
Fayetteville, AR

Live it. Love it. And then, buy the t-shirt(they're really cool)!!

Love Out Loud from herva on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds great! I've already invited my sisters to come with me, if we can all get away that night!

AfricaBleu said...

Whoo-HOO. I can't wait to see the character-formerly-known-as-Shan do her thang.

Maggie said...

Well it sounds so GRAND! and darn it all that I live so far away because I would be all over this!

have fun and I look forward to a 'recap" post with pictures and a singing Shan soundbite- sometime next week!

Tally said...

WOWEEE! Excellent post! Way to go, you promoter you! And I hear you'll be sporting a new do at this gig too, if I'm not mistaken...;) I'm really looking forward to it!! It seems to be picking up a momentum all its own. :D

Tally said...

Ack! I just realized if YOU are going to look like a rockstar then I need to look like a bohemian artist!! What to wear, what to wear??? Obviously my new jean skirt one of the nights. I can't seem to stop wearing it...it's getting that awesome buttery feel. Aaaaah

dive said...

Woohoo! You in a BAND, Shan? Yay!
I want to see that so much!
Any chance of someone capturing some on video for those of us stuck across the pond?
Have a great time. It sounds like a fabulous event.

MmeBenaut said...

I thought I had left a comment and now I don't see it. I loved the video. Bravo Jamey!

Good luck with the band thing Shan :)))

Maggie said...

I know I already commented about your post but I wanted to let you know I have something on my "shoes/purse" blog for you to "pick up" today! (Thurs)