Friday, July 11, 2008

A big FOOT release


Yeah!  This short film called 'Foot' that Jamey has been working on with three other guys is going to be in the ComicCon Film Festival in San Diego this year.  The fellow who's funding the film started the bobble-head phenomenon and used to own Funko  the toy company,   so there's also going to be an official b-head toy made of the Big Foot character in the film to go along with the DVD.  

Jamey did the sound recording and even wrote and performed the musical score almost entirely.  It's really good!

I got to do the voice of the Mom in the piece, a very short part of a short film, but it was fun to be involved.  I would LOVE to do voiceover work for a livin'!  There's just not much need for that type of thing around here and I don't do well with competitive types of work anyway.  They generally bring out the "flight" portion of my adrenal system causing me to run the other direction, arms flapping in surrender.  That's what happened when I majored in Broadcasting anyway.  Well that, AND the occasional hysterical fits of laughter at inappropriate times while attempting to report the news.

But, now the word "digress" comes to mind.  Something tells me I've gone slightly astray on my message here making it decidedly about "me" and nothing about ...what was I talking about again?...OH YES!  The FOOT movie!!    

I'll let you guys know when the film makes it to the internet so you can watch it.  The animation was done by a very talented friend of ours who has has a really unique style so it looks super cool.  And if it doesn't make me feel super cool to say "super cool",  then I don't know what would!  Winkies!

8 comments:

Jamey Clayberg said...

thanks for the peemps lady

Maria said...

I expect you to remember all of us here in blogville when you hit the big time....

Anonymous said...

Music Art Writing

You Cbergs are just multi-talented cool.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

How fun! I would also love to do voice over work, but I'd have to live somewhere else. Thanks for sharing this with us. : )

MmeBenaut said...

Shan dear you've just had me in fits of hysterical laughter. Can't wait to see the film & hear mom's voice! Clever Jamey too!

Aaron and Sara said...

heeey, very nifty! keep this up and you're going to be type cast as the mom voice ALL the time.
Have they heard your 'I made a hat of dried sunflowers" voice? It was a crowd pleaser. Especially to the big handed clapping man seated next to me.

dean r said...

I'm shocked shocked to hear jamey's been working on another film! no actually I'm not surprised at all. can't wait to hear ALL about it and congrats to you all I wish I were going to Comicon to CHECK it out! yeah!
later.

dive said...

Woohoo!
Excellent, Shan! Well done you and Jamey.